- Free Book : Kids, Camels, & Cairo
by Jill Dobbe
- 20 free kindle book s for Reviewers only (3 given, 17 left)
- 2 Paperbacks Raffle (free to enter) [13 requesting]
– Ends 30th Jan 2018
My eyes popped open the second I heard the call to prayer resound through the air. At 7:00 A.M., I walked out onto a rare quiet Cairo street and waited for the school van to pick me up. Climbing onto the van, I found a seat alongside the foreign and Muslim teachers, where I was only one of a few women not wearing hijab. It was Sunday morning, the start of another Islamic week of trying to discipline rich and apathetic students.
Traveling across the globe to work in an international school in Cairo, Egypt, was not exactly the glamorous lifestyle I thought it would be. I cherished my travels to the Red Sea, delighted in visiting the Pyramids, and appreciated the natural wonders of the Nile River. However, I also spent days without electricity or internet, was leered at by rude Egyptian men, breathed in Cairo’s cancerous black smog, and coaxed school work from students.
Message from the Author:
KIDS, CAMELS, & CAIRO is a lighthearted read about my personal experiences as an educator abroad. Whether you’re an educator, a traveler, or just a curious reader, you will be astounded at this honest and riveting account of learning to live in an Islamic society, while confronting the frustrating challenges of being an educator in a Muslim school.
- For an eBook (or eBook + Paperback Raffle) please first regsiter to BookGobbler here, you won’t have to fill in two forms, but would be able to select this novel in the registration page.
- Previously registered users please only fill: name and username, email, select option and consent – Thank you!